Date Created: May 21, 2014
Office Location: Harrisonburg, Va. or Charlotte, N.C.
Salary Grade: $45,000 to $60,000
Reports to: Blue Ridge Architects, PC – Sr. Project Manager
Job Summary: Produce design and contract documents through organization and management of internal (Blue Ridge Architects employees) and external (consultant) resources
Primary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Produce building programs based on interview with and material provided by client
- Develop conceptual solutions/designs that meet programmatic and budget requirements of client
- Craft work plans that identify project milestones and determine staff and consultant resources necessary to meet firm’s contractual obligation to the client
- Oversee day to day work by Architectural Associates
- Ensure that quality assurance reviews are conducted at required points in project work plan
- Identify the scope of necessary plans, sections, elevations, details, notes, schedules and specifications to be included in the project’s contract documents
- Provide necessary information to consultants and hold consultants accountable for accuracy and timeliness of their work.
- Plan and execute presentations to clients
- Prepare specifications
- Research products and techniques for their use in projects
- Develop estimates of probable cost
- Participate in meetings with clients, contractors, vendors, government officials, etc. at direction of the Sr. Project Manager and/or Principal-in-Charge
- Perform construction-phase services
- Demonstrated understanding of building systems and how buildings are constructed
- Ability to mentor less-experienced staff
- Commitment to resolving conflicts and misunderstandings in a respectful, equitable manner
- Ability to inspire confidence in clients and potential clients with professionalism, expertise within areas of responsibility, and strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Ability to work collaboratively yet also accept direction from the firm’s Vice-President or designee
- Good time management skills and ability to complete projects on time and accurately
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and professional drive
- Highly ethical
Submit resumes to Melanie Eby, Practice Manager at email@example.com and list “Project Manager” and the location you prefer (Harrisonburg or Charlotte) in the subject line.
This job description reflects management’s current determination of the position’s essential function/duties. Nothing restricts management’s right to amend this job description, assign or reassign functions/duties, or change its title at any time.