Full-Time Associate Architect
Blue Ridge Architects, Harrisonburg, Virginia
Blue Ridge Architects is seeking a full-time Associate Architect with a passion for buildings and communities to join our team. Located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Blue Ridge Architects serves clients up and down the Mid-Atlantic focusing on higher education, growing churches, and urban redevelopment. We provide comprehensive services in architectural design, strategic and master planning, project management, historic preservation, adaptive reuse and integrated project delivery, working alongside our clients to create meaningful and functional spaces.
Job Summary: Support success of client projects through all phases of design production and research.
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
Primary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare architectural plans and renderings
- Research products and techniques for their use
- Research and produce design concepts independently, as well as developing concepts initiated by others.
- Document existing buildings in the field and provide supporting digital documentation (plans, elevations, existing conditions, etc.)
- Create BIM models of plans, sections, elevations, and details to produce drawing sets and construction documents for clients and building contractors
- Participate in meetings with clients, contractors, vendors, government officials, etc.
- Assist in development of code-compliance strategies
- Assist Senior Project Manager with project assignments, meeting planning deadlines and coordinating all personal work in conjunction with senior staff.
- Degree from a NAAB-accredited Architecture program on a path to licensure with enrollment in NCARB Intern Development Program
- Working knowledge of Revit and strong knowledge of SketchUp. Familiarity with the Adobe Suite and additional Autodesk products a plus.
- Strong design sense and competency with various digital and analog digital media, particularly aptitude with hand-drawing and sketching.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills, with the ability to complete projects on time, with precision and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of an effective team, assisting and supporting team members.
- Desire to learn, accept direction, and be mentored by Project Managers, Senior Project Managers, and firm staff.
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Ability to build good relationships, both internally and externally, with integrity, respect, humor, and a sense of responsibility.
Please send a resume, cover letter and samples of your work in a PDF (no larger than 5 MB; 8 ½ x 11) to firstname.lastname@example.org.